Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One Week Old - lots of cuddles!





One thing I love about having a baby in November in Alaska is all of the cuddle time we have! el Guapo is being a good big brother so far - he is always looking on and when Harper sneezes he comes over to her to make sure she's okay, just like he does with me and Dan.



Harper has made it through her first week with us - it has been such a joy to share our home with the little angel! Tiring of course, she needs to be woken up every two hours for feeding, but hopefully we'll be on a 3 or 4 hour schedule shortly once she gains some more weight. We have a pretty strict regimen to keep Harper gaining weight - breastfeed for 20 minutes and then feed her breast milk by syringe for 10 - 15 min, and then pump more breast milk. I feel like a food machine!

As you can see from all the photos, Dan has been in charge of the camera, but one of these days I will get a hold of it and get him in one of these! My first attempt is below:



Photos of Harper and her belly cast:




2 comments:

The Yancey Family said...

I love the belly cast pictures. Isnt it crazy? The whole process is just so crazy. Glad to see her growing and thriving:) Dan is so good at accessorizing. Harper is his cutest accessory yet!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a Cabin Baby sling! I love the bathrobe napping photo. That could go on your Christmas card! Keep up the hard work with the weight gain. You will all make it through this time soon, happy and healthy. Unbelievable belly cast photos!