Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning to me as a parent. I got as excited about it as I did as a kid, maybe even more excited, decorating the tree and hiding and wrapping presents for Dan and Harper. When Christmas Eve arrived, I was like a little kid, singing Christmas carols and tracking Santa on the NORAD website. I was being as silly as possible to get Harper to laugh, which resulted in many silly photos and lots of giggles.
Hooray - Santa did come!
Harper's first Christmas was awesome - she got me up at 1 am to see if she could finish all the gluten free brownies we left for Santa (he forgot to eat them all so I had to). I got her to go back to sleep until 5 am, when she was hungry again, and we found another GF brownie. But she fell back asleep until 9 am, so we got a late start on opening presents (and she proceeded to sleep through the opening of all the gifts and Dan and I had to do most of the work). Santa was very good to Harper, considering she's 8 weeks old, and brought her many books and interactive toys. I am totally biased, but there was one present that trumped everything else in the world, and that was the red story book from my childhood (THANK YOU DARCI!!). My sister called to hear us open up here present, and buried inside the box at the bottom was the red book. Dan was great as he read my favorite story, The Highwayman, to Harper and me, just like my dad used to do. Great memories from my childhood came back, and I hope to make many more memories like this with Harper. We rounded out Christmas Eve with watching 'A Christmas Story', a old family tradition.
Sweet Bumbo chair from Santa
After presents, we had a wonderful dinner with friends who were also without extended family. We had a deep fried turkey, and in true Irish style, cooked carrots, parsnips, boiled potatoes, stuffing (GF and regular), and ham. Dessert included two non-GF items (including plum pudding that arrived on the table in flames) and Byrd's custard for me, which was fabulous!! It was great food, great company and a great baby girl who was super-well behaved! We are really looking forward to next Christmas!
New Christmas Dress from Grandma
Awesome Christmas hat from Auntie Darci & fun in the swing & Bumbo
Christmas fussies
Napping with Dad


1 comment:
Cute and cute and more cute! She's so happy! I love it. I can't believe how much she is growing. Happy Holidays Willmans!
Post a Comment