You can't get more American that this...Harper had a great 4th of July weekend with all her new found tasty treats! I did feel like a completely negligent mother, however she did eat a bowl full of broccoli when we got home, so it all cancels out, right? We spent the holiday weekend in our usual spot in Seward, AK for the 83rd running of Mt. Marathon. It was awesome (as usual) and Dan had one of the most fun races he has ever had. Harper and I were the cow bell ringing support crew, cheering him on from the sidelines. I was glad not to be running this year, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one little feeling of wanting to be running down the homestretch (my favorite part of the race). All of our friends did great - with many of them setting personal records! The weather was drizzly and the mountain was wet the day before the race, but the morning of the 4th the skies were even a bit sunny as the clouds lifted to give all the spectators a great look at the top of the mountain. Shortly after the races ended the drizzle came back and by the next morning it was an all out downpour. But we did have a spectacular sunset once we got back to Anchorage last night! Now all we need to do is figure out how to get Harper off her sugar high and go to bed...!
Go Dan, go!
Picking all the dandelions in the area before the race
Race start
Harper knows where to find the goods...Grandpa will be proud!
Harper loves the swings nearby the hotel


No comments:
Post a Comment